Botulinum Toxin type A injections, popularly known as Botox ® is the commonest cosmetic dermatology procedure performed worldwide. Botox relaxes facial muscles into which it is injected thereby reducing the facial lines resulting from muscle contraction. It is a relatively safe and easy procedure with very little downtime and the effect can last up-to 6 months. Of late there has been a considerable increase in the number of men opting for this procedure accounting for almost one tenth of all Botox clients.
This consistent increase in its popularity even during this period of global economic slowdown is seen by many as an attempt by the young executives to project a “fresh and pleasing” look in the highly competitive job market. However I have seen several senior people taking Botox® to keep up with the younger sub-ordinates. I am yet to see a male client taking Botox to be more attractive to the spouse, though that is the prime concern for most women.
1. Forehead lines might be cool. Look at Brad Pitt, George Clooney and other very handsome men for examples.
2. Men's Eye Brows look best when they are flat and relatively low on the forehead. So no more brow lifts! Raised eyebrows are perceived as feminine.
3. The laugh lines around the eyes indicate a jovial personality. You don't want to appear aloof, do you?
4. The size of your nose represents personal power. It is not a good idea to meddle with it.
5. You may not be able to hide it from your partner. Maybe she visits the same dermatologist :)